Search This Blog

Sunday 30 October 2016

The Health Benefits Of Dennettia Tripetala (Pepper Fruit) Plant


Dennettia tripetala is the botanical name of a plant whose fruits are called pepper fruits. It a native to West Africa including Nigeria where the fruits are called obi ata or igberi in Yoruba, mmimmi in Igbo, nkarika in Efik and Ibibio, imako in Urhobo and aki in Bini.
Image result for dennettia tripetala fruit pictures
The fruits are the most commonly used parts of this tree because they are eaten due to their peppery taste and stimulatory effects.  The fruits are also used in cooking. The fruits are usually green but turn to pink, red or orange as they ripen more. They have a spicy, pungent and peppery taste plus aroma due to the volatile components that are present in the fruits.

Nutritionally, pepper fruits contain fatty acids, carbohydrates, proteins, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, niacin, riboflavin,thiamine, vitamins A and C 

The roots, barks, leaves and fruits are the parts that are usually used medicinally because of the following medicinal properties:
  • Antioxidant
  • Anti-inflammatory
  • Antibacterial
  • Antifungal
  • Antiviral
  • Analgesic
  • Hypoglycemic
  • Mildly laxative
  • Anthelmintic
  • Stimulant
  • Anti-emetic
Different parts are also used:

    Image result for dennettia tripetala fruit pictures
  1. To aid uterine contraction after childbirth
  2. To alleviate motion sickness and nausea
  3. To treat typhoid and malaria fevers
  4. To kill intestinal parasites and worms
  5. To get rid of coughs and other respiratory issues
  6. To treat toothache and used as a mouthwash
  7. To treat stomach ailments including ulcer
  8. To treat infections
  9. To treat convulsions
  10. To get rid of insects and pests

Pepper fruits are also used as one of the ingredients used to prepare pepper soup for women who have just given birth. This is because some pepper fruit active components with some in the other ingredients help to heal the womb after child birth. Pepper fruits are also used in cooking other soups and are also chewed raw like kolanut because of their stimulatory effect.

Let us know more about this plant below and also leave your comment, feedback or question below. Follow on Twitter @heal2bwell.

2 comments:

  1. Its a miracle that I am alive today. I encounter HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV1/2) for good four (4) years, before I meet the great Dr.Godwin I am William gold from Fresno California, united state of America and I was affected with herpes virus. Herpes is a viral infection cause by the Herpes simplex virus, marked by painful, watery blister in the skin or mucous membrane or on the genitals. This was what I suffered for good four years. I have visited CVS Pharmacy in Fresno for treatment buat no improvement. I meet Dr.Godwin online while I was searching for herpes cure I read a testimony about his work. I give a try that now becomes a testimony in my life am now fully cured. kindly contacted Dr Godwin via   WhatsApp  +2348158184060 or  email him on drgodwin52@gmail.com i know there are lots of people out there suffering from various diseases and infections, why dont you contact dr Godwin today and get cured just as i did, dr Godwin brought peace and happiness back to my life and gave me a second chance to life and i will always testify about his good work.And here is my email address incase you wanna know more about this doctor, williamgold770@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you struggling hard from AZOOSPERMIA, LOW SPERM COUNT OR WEAK ERECTION? Contact Dr. Uduehi for a everlasting cure. I am 58 years old and he helped cure me for azoospermia when I thought all hope was lost. My wife and I have a child to call our own now with his help. I also know about other ailment he can cure when I contacted him. Reach out to him now for help through: (uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com) (+234-708-487-8384) or (+234-706-647-4917)

    ReplyDelete